Gleb Paharenko wrote:

Hello.

I also want to copy the user accounts in MySQL5.0 db over to MySQL4.1 in

Redhat as well.

All user accounts and rights are stored in the tables of mysql database.

And fields of grant tables in 4.1.x version just a subset of fields in

5.0.x. You should set the values of fields in 4.1.x version to values of

corresponding fields in 5.0.x. For example you may store 5.0.x mysql

database under different name in 4.1.x and then move accounts using

SQL statements.

Hi, thanks for your help. I just able to backup all the database (with their tables I believe) from mysql 5.0.
And now I stuck at restoring the database and their tables as well as user accounts rights to mysql4.1.
I used the following command backup database:
mysqldump --user=$USERNAME --password=$PASSWORD --host=$DBHOST --quote-names --opt

I don't think this command backup user account info.

Thanks
Sam