El Mar 01 Mar 2005 17:32, Gary Richardson escribió:
> What have you actually done to 'tune' the server? How are you doing
> the inserts?
>
> InnoDB uses transactions. If you are doing each row as a single
> transaction (the default), it would probably take a lot longer.
>
> I assume you're doing your copying as a INSERT INTO $new_table SELECT
> * FROM $old_table. Try wrapping that in a
>   BEGIN;
>   INSERT INTO $new_table SELECT * FROM $old_table;
>   COMMIT;
>
> How do you have your table space configured?
>
> Just some random thoughts..

This is the InnoDB related stuff from my.cnf:

innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:10M:autoextend
set-variable = innodb_buffer_pool_size=192M
set-variable = innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=32M
set-variable = innodb_log_file_size=5M
set-variable = innodb_log_buffer_size=32M
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=0
set-variable = innodb_lock_wait_timeout=50

I am using the syntax as you describe it. In my notebook, with 512M RAM, it
takes 4 hours to complete.

The top command says mysqld is using about 8% of CPU, so it must be a disk
problem. Funny thing is, it did not show when the tables were MyISAM.

Thank you and regards.

--
Alfredo J. Cole
Grupo ACyC