Hi,

I admit I m silly to shutdown mysqld with the killall command in the Redhat server,
I can't restart mysql service now. Most of the reason is because the script
mysql.server come with the mysql 4.1.10 does not like mysql.server start or
mysql.server stop, so I need to start it up use & and shut it down with killall.
Anyway, after killall mysql, I got the following error when I tried to restart
it.
Here is the error:
./mysqld
Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /usr/local/mysql/data
STOPPING server from pid file /usr/local/mysql/data/vivaserver.pid
050302 15:52:05  mysqld ended

How can I start mysqld now?

Thanks
Sam