I've added a second drive to my database machine and want to split my
database tables between the two drives to balance the load and improve
performance. I know I'll need to drop and restore the db to get MySQL
to create the tables in their own files. What's the correct way to use
innodb_file_per_table? If my datadir is /var/db/mysql , should I let
MySQL create all the tables in /var/db/mysql then move the files and
create symlinks in /var/db/mysql?

I see a note in the InnoDB docs that says you can't move the *.ibd
files around, what does that refer to?

System is FreeBSD 5.3, MySQL 4.10, current ibdata file is about 25 gb.

Thanks for any pointers.

Mike