MySQL keeps throwing error 1114 on temp files (those
that MySQL creates behind the scenes when executing a
query and start with #), which is pretty dumb because
there's no way for the user to set the maximum row
size on temp table files. It seems that MySQL is
wrongly setting the temp size and then complaining
about it.

Is there a way to fix this kind of file hanlding
corruption? May be peek into some system tables and
see what's going on?

I ran MYISAMCHK and it couldn't fine any error in the
table, created a new table and copied the content of
the old table to it, deleted my temp directory (listed
in the TMP and TEMP environment variables), repointed
MySQL temp directory to a huge drive (even though the
existing drive had more than enough space for twice
the size of the table), but sadly, none of these would
fix it.

There is a setting for the in-memory temp table size
(tmp_table_size), but as the documentation indicate,
it's merely a threshold above which MySQL moves the
temp table from memory to disk.

It seems to me there's a bug in MySQL that either
corrupts the temp file tracking system tables (if
there are any) or can't reliably determine the maximum
table size of temp tables.

I would appreciate any help because I'm at a deadend
where reinstalling MySQL and rebuilding my tables is
the only remaining option.