If you want to start from scratch, kill the mysql process and delete the mysql directories in /usr/local/

On Mar 8, 2005, at 2:47 PM, Jeff Justice wrote:

So, I installed MySQL. Accidentally locked myself out of the database trying to make it secure. Tried to re-install MySQL, now every time I tell it to "Start MySQL Server" through the control panel, it asks for authentication, then immediately goes back to "stopped". It won't launch.

Is there a way to un-install this and start COMPLETELY from scratch? It did work once.

Jeff J.

Brent Baisley
Systems Architect
Landover Associates, Inc.