From: Carlos Savoretti
To: MySQL List
Sent: Mar 9, 2005 5:49 PM
Subject: Optimizing a big query...

Hi all:

I programming a GUI which retrieve big tables oftenly.

So, I retrieve chunks of 1000 rows and paginate then

to browse the entire table. It works fine, but it's rather

slow.

I would like to know if I could set some option thru

mysql_option() to optimize the client side (mysql-client-3.23.58)

and what is the the recommended value to clamp the `page' for a

gui app. (For 1000 rows it uses about 12 seconds).

Thanks a lot...

--
Carlos Savoretti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>