Michael Gale wrote:
Hello,

I am fairly new to mysql and have a strange request .... I am not sure if "stored procedures" will solve this.

I have a table in a database that is constantly being updated with new information. I would like to be notified if certain information gets committed.

I think we'll try to do something regarding this asap 5.0 gets in production mode (and when we'll have time, whichever comes first ;)
Our first idea is to add a stored procedure triggered on update of a particular table, then the stored procedure would call an UDF-function which would do the job. (just ping a particular port on a remote server, to force it update that table). As anyone been doing something like this ?
At the moment we're just polling the whole table every 5 seconds (not a big table less than 500 records)

--
Philippe Poelvoorde
COS Trading Ltd.