David Blomstrom said:
> I discovered by accident that I can link any website
> on my reseller account to one database. That would be
> far more convenient than working with six separate
> databases, and it would also cut down on file size
> overall, since there are certain tables that I share
> between websites.
>
> But my host warned me that a big database could
> increase query time and make it harder to update. I
> want to understand exactly how this works.
The problem would be large tables rather than large database.
Traversing a table is what costs time.

There would be a slight increase in the Operating System finding the files
associated with each table, but this is a factor only with very large
numbers of tables not 100.  This all assumes MyISAM table type.  I don't
know about the others since they do share a single file.