From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2005 12:30 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: mysqlimport blocks all access to database

Hi Joseph,

> I have been trying to use mysqlimport to load a primarily read only
> database with data at regular intervals. My problem occurs when my
> tables are myisam. In this case all access to the database and the
> tables blocks until mysqlimport completes. The -lock-tables=false
> parameter does not help.  Is this the normal operation? If not how can
> still have concurrent read access to the database while mysqlimport is
> running?

Correct me if I am wrong, but the write request has privilege. So ANY
read
request is queued until the write request finishes. Otherwise you would
get inconsistent read results.

Am I correct assuming that you are appending the imported data to the
existing data in the database ?

Best regards

Nils Valentin
Tokyo / Japan