hi...

we're trying to install mysql/mysql-server (4.1.10a-1.i386) and are running
into some serious problems. we had mysql/server (3.23.52-3.i386) running,
but needed to go to the higher version...

can someone tell us how/what we need to do to get this working correctly.
actually, if anybody's managed to do this, can you tell us exactly what rpm
packages you used? as you know, dealing with the rpms gets into dependency
hell, which we believe has a lot to do with our issues...

if you managed to get this version of mysql running on FC3, and you built it
from source, can you provide directions/pointers on what you did, where you
placed the resulting libs/etc...

also, this has to be running with apache/php/perl/etc...

thanks

bruce