----- Original Message -----
From: "Denis Gerasimov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "MySQL General List" <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 1:12 AM
Subject: The best way to transfer data to another server

> Hello list,
>
> I have two MySQL 4.1 servers, one local and one remote. I need to transfer
> database from one server to another. What actually is the best way of
> handling this task?
>
> Are there any standard MySQL tools available for doing that (I mean MySQL
> Administrator/Query Browser etc.)

It's not clear from your question whether you want to transfer the data once
only or if you want to transfer it repeatedly, perhaps daily or weekly. If
you mean the latter, you may want to look into MySQL Replication, which
enables all the changes made to the data on one server to be automatically
made to the other server as well.

I haven't used MySQL Replication but I know it exists and is documented in
the MySQL manual.

Rhino