> Sorry, I don't use windows 8-) except when I have to. All my servers are
> unix/linux and I can build them at will. I think there are instructions
> in the manual for building it but I think you would probably have to
> purchase a C++ compiler or similar.

Exactly the reason why I do NOT want to build it :-)

I know MySQL "used to be" build by everyone ... but IMO, this
doesn't make sense no more ... I don't want to build my own
binary for a database engine, no matter how detailed the instructions
are...

I hope for a binary with CSV enabled.

With regards,

Martijn Tonies