I have looked  around in the documentation but  I do  not have a clear
idea of log_bin vs ib_lofile for innodb.

Regarding only INNODB tables, am I right if I say that:

log_bin are the commit transactions and it is what is use in an
automatic recovery or are to be apply in a manual recovery from a dump
(In Oracle they are the Redo.logs)  .
ib_logfiles are storing the uncommit and commit transactiond and allows
the rollback of transactions (In Oracle they are the Rollback segments)?
They are not use in the automatic recovery of innodb nor in a manual
recovery from a dump.

I would appreciate very much if someone can clarify this for me.

Johanne Duhaime