Hi All,

I would like to know how big is the biggest database that can be handled
effectively by MySQL/InnoDB.

Like physical size, number of tables, number of rows per table, average row
lenght, number of indexes per table, etc.

Practically, what if I have a master/detail table-pair, where the master
contains about 30 million rows, the detail in average contains 50 row for each
master row, so about 1.5 billion rows in total?

I know that the performace heavily relies on the hardware, but let's assume
that the MySQL server runs on a high-end machine with about 2GB or RAM.

Does anyone have experience with extremely large databases?

Thank you,
        Daniel