Hello.

I think that it is possible using mysqlbinlog with options

--stop-position and --start-position to get missed data.

But if you had an updates and deletes after crashing the master

your task became difficult. But the easiest way, as for me,

is to clear the slave and setup replication again. You may use

LOAD DATA FROM MASTER to make your task as simple as possible.

In feature I suggest you to make a regular snapshots of your master

data. MySQL has ability for incremental backups, which could save you

a lot of space.

       <___/   www.mysql.com