On Sat, 16 Apr 2005, Robert Dunlop wrote:

>Your question was would a TINYBLOB hold 1,000 characters.
>TINYBLOB (TINYTEXT) = 257 characters.  1,000 > 257 = No.
>Your next option, BLOB (TEXT) = 64K.  1,000 < 64K = Yes.

Yeah, I got that part, more generally my question is what are the maximum
sizes (in characters) of each of the BLOB / TEXT types, and why isn't that
information on the manual page for BLOB / TEXT types.

Another question comes to mind, which is why is TINYTEXT so useless?

A VARHCAR(255) is nearly as good! I would have thought any datatype with
BLOB in its name would have the self respect to hold at least 65536
characters!

Thanks for the pointers so far,
Dan.