I'm working on a database crash recovery. Wanting to repair the tables (check
table zf_forums), in 'mysql' mode as root user I get the following respons:

mysql> use zforum
Can't read dir of './zforum/' (Errcode: 13)
Database changed
mysql> use zforum
Database changed
mysql> check table zf_forums;
+----------------+-------+--------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------+

+----------------+-------+--------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
| zforum.zf_forums | check | error    | Can't find file:
'./zforum/zf_forums.frm' (errno: 13) |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
mysql> \q

[EMAIL PROTECTED] mysql# perror 13
Error code  13:  Permission denied

I've made root also part of the mysql group (this group has all rwx
permissions) --- to no avail.
Does anyone know why as root I can't access the tables?

Thanks.