Rich Brant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 04/19/2005 03:05:51 PM:

> I'm used to doing something simple such as the following in sql server:
>
> SELECT     u.Username, p.UserID
> FROM       Users u LEFT JOIN
>            Person p ON u.UserID = p.UserID
>
> However, I'm not seeing the same results in MySQL.  I don't get all
> the recs in the users table and NULLs in the userID column from the
> person table when the users.userID is not in the person table.  I get
> no recs at all.  What am I missing here?
>
> Thanks!

I don't see any obvious problems with your query. I use LEFT JOINs all the
time.

Which version MySQL are you using? Can you give us an example of what your
base data looks like (Users table and Person table), and what you actually
got as a response?

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine