Hi,

I've been running a innodbdatabase for a while, and it works nice, however, I've noticed that it have grown beyound the specifications in the my.cnf file. I did define autoextend so its not very strange, however, I was wondering, how far can it grow, and is it a bad idea to just let it grow?

the my.cnf looks like:
[mysqld]
datadir=/usr/local/mysql/data/
socket=/tmp/mysql.sock
set-variable = max_connections=200
set-variable = thread_cache_size=20
innodb_data_home_dir =
innodb_data_file_path = /usr/local/mysql/data/ibdata1:2000M:autoextend
set-variable = innodb_buffer_pool_size=200M
set-variable = innodb_additional_mem_pool_size=20M
innodb_log_group_home_dir = /usr/local/mysql/data/innodb/
innodb_log_arch_dir = /usr/local/mysql/data/innodb/
set-variable = innodb_log_files_in_group=2
set-variable = innodb_log_file_size=50M
set-variable = innodb_log_buffer_size=8M
innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=0
set-variable = innodb_lock_wait_timeout=50
set-variable = long_query_time=15
#log-long-format
log-slow-queries = /var/log/mysqld.slow.log

[mysql.server] user=mysql basedir=/usr/local/mysql

[safe_mysqld] err-log=/var/log/mysqld.log pid-file=/usr/local/mysql/data/db.bcmanga.se.pid

The ibdata1 is now around 7gb and it keeps growing..

How big can it be? Is it innodb dependent or os dependent? I'm currently running Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg) on a dual xeon 3ghz with 3gb ram.

Can I just define some more ibdata files and it will re-arrange the data by itself, or do I need to export and them import it? Or whats the best practice here?

Thanks in advance,
        Eric