From: "zzapper"
> Final whinge:  I wish the mysql website made it a little clearer which
features are recent
> additions, I suggested color coding.

1) Someone from MySQL AB mentioned here recently that they are working on a
new system to keep track of differences between versions for the
documentation. So it might become easier to track in the future.
2) To me the various "in MySQL version 4.0.2 or later you can use..." plus
examples are very clear most of the time
3) With the MySQL version you downloaded the documentation for that
particular version was included

> BTW regards multi table deletes there's something nasty there between 4.0
and 4.1

Do you mean:

 Note: In MySQL 4.0, you should refer to the table names to be deleted with
the true table name. In MySQL 4.1, you must use the alias (if one was given)
when referring to a table name:

I personally find the documentation pretty clear. Besides, there are many
MySQL books with useful information and there is this (and other) e-mail
list(s) where the people from MySQL AB answer many questions. Pretty neat
for a free product IMHO ;-)

Regards, Jigal.