"Berman, Mikhail" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 04/28/2005 10:50:17 AM:

> Yes,
>
> I do test DSN connection itself. It returns "Success. Connection was
> made". I am creating User DSN.

That's a good sign.

> The only tool able to connect to my UNIX databases via ODBC driver is
> MS-Access, not Excel.

If you are on XP (as you say) there is an ODBC Manager separate from all
other programs. Look under Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools
-> (this is where I get lost. I don't use XP at work.) -> Data Sources
(ODBC). That's the tool I wanted you to use, not Access. You don't need to
use MS Access in order to work with ODBC DSNs ( unless you really want
to.)

If you can create a sucessful "system" DSN connection (I don't create
"user" DSNs for applications, I always make them "system" DSNs) then what
problem are you having telling SigmaPlot to use the DSN you created?

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine