Simon Garner wrote:

On 2/05/2005 6:05 p.m., Mark Sargent wrote:

Hi All,

master/client are the same machine. I installed via tar.gz, ver 4.1 following this page

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/installing-binary.html

for installation on FC3. Why would it say that the client doesn't support it.? Cheers.

P.S. I now can't log onto the server as root. So, I tried following this page,

I would suggest you start again by deleting the mysql database (ie /var/lib/mysql/mysql)

done

and running mysql_install_db to reinitialise the privilege tables.

get the following, [EMAIL PROTECTED] scripts]# ./mysql_install_db Could not find help file 'fill_help_tables.sql' in ./support-files or inside ..

Alternatively try adding old-passwords to the [mysqld] section in your my.cnf file.

-Simon

Cheers.

Mark Sargent.