What drives are you using? For SCSI RAID, you definitly want deadline scheduler. That said, even after the switch to deadline, we saw our Opteron's running way slow (compared to older slower Xeons). Whatever the problem is, we fought it for quite a while (though difficult to test too much w/ production dbs) and ended up rolling back to 2.4.

Kevin Burton wrote:
Kevin Burton wrote:

Greg Whalin wrote:

Deadline was much faster. Using sysbench:

test:
sysbench --num-threads=16 --test=fileio --file-total-size=20G --file-test-mode=rndrw run

So... FYI.  I rebooted with elevator=deadline as a kernel param.

db2:~# cat /sys/block/sda/queue/scheduler
noop anticipatory [deadline] cfq

(which I assume means I'm now running deadline. Is there any other way to find out?)

And no performance diff. Note that you're benchmarks only show a 20M addition overhead. We're about 60x too slow for these drives so I'm not sure what could be going on here :-/

Kevin