I am all in favor of this idea. Currently, this info is scattered all over the web, and finding it can be time consuming (even w/ Google). I see lots of people jumping the same hurdles, so a central location for this info seems it would greatly benefit the community.

Greg

Kevin Burton wrote:
So... it sounds like a lot of people here (Dathan and Greg) have had problems deploying MySQL on Opteron in a production environment.
I was wondering if we could start an Opteron HOWTO somewhere (mysql wiki?) which could illustrate the minefields they've had to walk to hopefully solidify MySQL on this platform and to prevent others from having the same bad experiences.

We're considering an Opteron migration as well and as the 2G memory barrier fast approaches I'm expecting more MySQL users to migrate as well.
Maybe this should be a X86_64 bit FAQ though since Intel is coming out with more EM64T stuff....

Kevin