Kevin Burton wrote:
Greg Whalin wrote:

We are currently running 2.3.2 (Fedora Core 1) on our Opterons. When we were still running linux 2.6, we were on 2.3.3 (Fedora Core 2).

Yeah... we were being bitten by 2.3.2's NPTL implementation for MONTHs before I heard a rumor that the Internet Archive moved to 2.3.4.
This literally solved all my problems so I'd recommend upgrading to 2.3.4 if you notice this type of stuff again.

Kevin

Curious, were you seeing deadlocks in Suns JVM w/ Tomcat? We were forced to run Tomcat w/ NPTL off due to deadlocks under glibc 2.3.2+NPTL. Under FC2, the JVM runs fine w/ NPTL, though glibc is now 2.3.3. We have had no NPTL issues w/ the x86 version of mysql, but the x86-64 definite almost immediate deadlock (w/ 2.3.2).