Let me try this again, reworded for further clarity.

IF I use the following statement:
SELECT * FROM `items` WHERE `item` = 10902 HAVING `venturi_type` = 'universal' OR `venturi_type` = 'special';
I get a complete and full data dump.

IF I change the statement by inserting a 'letter' in this case 'S' instead of a 'number' in this case '0' in the 'item', i.e. from 10902 to 109S2 I get the following error:
#1054 - Unknown column '109S2' in 'where clause

IF I change the statement by putting single quotes around '109S2' then I get an SQL execution completed result from phpMAdmin, but NO data dump!

The column 'venturi_type' is the same NO MATTER what part number 'item' is and should display, yet it does not.

Why should it make a difference wether I have a letter or a numeral in a part number?

BTW this is not my server and I have no control over how the MySQL database was initially setup or configured.

Tommy Barrios
WEBZIGHT.COM
http://www.webzight.com

If you've got a good thing going, don't fix it!