In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Hi,
> Have you forgotten what's a primary key ?

> Using order by will sort data, and if it's already sorted, it will be sorted
> again. Time, memory and maybe disk io.

If MySQL really does that, I'd consider this a bug.

> Using the marco example, i gaved a solution considering iy's what he wants.
> Till
> now i don't know if it's ok or not.

> if so, just add :
> select * from temp order by Id LIMIT 3,4;

> if no, the primary key index will give you the order.

I dunno what you're talking about, but definitely not MySQL 4.1.11:

  CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE tbl1 (
    id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
    val INT UNSIGNED,
    PRIMARY KEY (id),
    UNIQUE KEY (val)
  );

  INSERT INTO tbl1 (id, val) VALUES (1, 1);
  INSERT INTO tbl1 (id, val) VALUES (2, 2);
  INSERT INTO tbl1 (id, val) VALUES (3, 3);
  INSERT INTO tbl1 (id, val) VALUES (4, 4);

  SELECT * FROM tbl1;

  DELETE FROM tbl1 WHERE id = 3;

  INSERT INTO tbl1 (id, val) VALUES (5, 5);

  SELECT * FROM tbl1;

The first SELECT happens to return 1/2/3/4, but the second one returns
for me 1/2/5/4.