> Not that I'm aware of. What type of conversions are you doing that you
> need 30,000 use vars? An easy solution would be to try it and find out :)

I need to move multiple linked entries (in around 12 tables) from one
running server to another. I'm using auto_increment's all over the place and
I have the following problem: I need to move (no replication possible) the
information in those 12 tables to an identical functioning system (same
software, same db, but other server) and I need to preserve the relations
between the tables. The problem that I have is that the systems evolve
independently and I can have the same id for 2 different entries on the
system (e.g. on the first system I can have the id 10 for User1, but on
second system id 10 would be for another user).

I want to make a script that dumps the info into an sql file that I can run
on the other server, something like this:
insert into customers (....) values (....);
select @current_customer_id:=max(id) from customers;

insert into customer_categ (customer_id, name...) values
(@current_customer_id, "categ"...);

And I have around 20-30 000 records that are linked together (I cannot use a
single variable because the tables are "linked" 3 levels deep and I need to
keep the intermediate id's in variables).

--
<mack />