Larry wrote:

My $.02.  As I agree SCSI has had a reputation for being
a more solid enterprise type drive, everyone's mileage varies.
We have moved to using all SATA drives in our newer servers.  I
have to admit most of our databases are smaller than what many
on this list have.  All our db's are  under
500 megs.    My reality is this.  If a SATA drive does fail,
so far only 1 over the last 18 months, it is cheap and easy
to replace.  I have all my setups raided so we have no lost
data. At the same time I have several Hitachi/IBM SCSI drives...

What controller do you use for RAIDing the SATAs?

Glen