Partha,
Partha Dutta wrote:

This may not be a very elegant solution, but you can do this just to get the
inserts going again:

ALTER TABLE users
MODIFY COLUMN uid INTEGER UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT;

If you don't have any negative uids, then you will be able to store 2
billion more uids.

Just out of curiosity, have you DROPPED & re-created the table?

Sorry about the other message (from my "lurker", always-silent identity).

I have tried DROPping both the table and the whole database to no avail.
As I said in the other reply, I'll try your suggestion, but I really need a solution to this problem other than having
a huge leap in the uid values.

Thanks,
Ricardo Oliveira