You haven't given us much to go on, other than "it doesn't work," which isn't really helpful. We can't give you "specific ideas where to look" until you give us specific details of what's wrong. Please describe what happens. Do you get an error message? What is it? While you're at it, show us the relevant lines of code (hide the password, of course).

You say mysql, php, and apache are working separately. I take it that php scripts are running via web access (apache)? I ask because some previous Mac OS upgrades replaced the apache config with a newer one with php turned off.

Meanwhile, the Apache user is irrelevant. The php script just needs a valid *mysql* user and password to authenticate.

"bounce" = restart

Michael

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

From your first message below, are you suggesting a setting in Apache needs to be ticked? I can do it if I know where to look. I am no expert, just one who uses tis setup, i.e., "it just works." I have used the previous version for years and it "just worked." That's why I have no idea what could possibly be different.

Not to say I haven't built these before, but this should be working!  :(
What's led me to this problem is that I have phpmyadmin installed and it can't access mysql as it could just fine before.

I have had help from the guys at phpmyadmin who have no sent me here. No one "gets it."

So, any specific ideas where to look???

Thanks,
Gil

p.s. I don't know what you mean by "bounce the MYSQL DB."