Hello there -

I have a couple of questions regarding a new install of MySql 4.1.12 on RH 7.2. Being new to this list, I sure do hope this hasn't been covered before. I have scrubbed Google and searched the archives for this list but can't find an explanation or a solution to 2 issues:

1.  I get the following error when starting the daemon:

050605 7:08:51 [Warning] Found an entry in the 'db' table with empty database name; Skipped

Is this something that should be fixed and if so, how does one go about it?

2.  I have set the error log to /var/log/mysql/error.log in the init script:

LOG_ERROR="/var/log/mysql/error.log"
$bindir/safe_mysqld --datadir=$datadir --pid-file=$pid_file --log-error=$LOG_ERROR

However, I am still getting 2 error logs:

What I am assuming is the default "/usr/local/mysql/var/yoda2.err"
and the one specified - "/var/log/mysql/error.log"

Is this expected behavior? Is there another place aside from /etc/my.cnf that I might look?

Thanks in advance for any tips and/or suggestions.

Ed

Randomly Generated Quote (116 of 975):
"It had long since come to my attention that people of
 accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen
 to them. They went out and happened to things."  - Elinor Smith