Hello.

There's a lot of complains that usually slave is far behind

the master. However, the distance between them usually is not so large.

Could it be that your laptop much is weaker or not that tuned compared to the

server, and the same operation takes more time? As I know replication

thread executes queries one by one while the normal process could run faster

perform bulk inserts for example. There could be a lot of reasons.

       <___/   www.mysql.com