Repost - nobody has any ideas?  I've run some stress tests, sending
several thousand page requests, and the number of mysql processes
goes up and down but over time continues to rise.  It's up to about
22 now.  When it gets to about 30, every request from the web server
will be will fail.

Could some of these processes be threads that are orphaned for some
reason (perhaps Apache continuing to expire its own processes?) and
hang around, idle?  I speculate that there is some maximum number of
processes and finally MySQL can't won't start another thread/process.
GB

On Tuesday 01 May 2001 05:26 pm, Gary E Bickford opined: