Hi all,
unfortunately, I am forced to do some background mysql development work on a
windoze box, which for reasons I wont go into here requires that I use the
mysql console client.  As many would know this does not allow any commands
to be edited in the console as does linux.

I decided that it would be easier to write a batch file to do some work but
can't find out how to get mysql to process the batch file.  Issuing the
mysql > batch file in dos mode wont work.

Any help appreciated as I'm getting sick and tired of entering long queries
at the mysql prompt and then retyping the whole thing if I make a small
syntax error.

Stan Bordeaux
Injury Prevention Policy Officer
Public & Environmental Health Service