No editing?!? Psch... louzy programmers.

( see http://www.jpsoft.com/index.htm for proof that consoles in NT/2K
consoled can edit just fine, etc.)

But... there are numerous mysql clients available, also for windows. I
bet you can find one with fine edit capabilities in the contrib section.
( I heard http://www.anse.de/mysqlfront/ aint too bad. )