It depends on what you need out of the database. Unfortunately fulltext indexes are still only supported by MyISAM which locks a good deal of the tables we have
out of innodb.  Also, we attempted to migrate some tables to innodb and system
performance got worse!  No one ever responded to my post to the list regarding
the issue found on March 3, 2005 12:30:36 entitled "innodb update issues."  It
seems in a lot of cases you should only start new projects on innodb and be
weary of moving an existing project over.

Quoting "Stembridge, Michael" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Thank you.  I know how to migrate tables using ALTER TABLE - my question has
more to do with *whether* I should migrate.  For smaller databases (10mb in
size) is it really beneficial?  Details in my original post quoted below.

Thanks again,
Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 7:00 PM
To: Stembridge, Michael
Cc: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: Considering migration from MyISAM to InnoDB

see the my.cnf examples in the install dir, and look at innodb* variables.
you can migrate each table just using :

alter table toto engine=innodb;

Mathias

Selon "Stembridge, Michael" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I currently use MyISAM on an internal web application server; our data
takes
> up 10mb at this time, though this is likely to grow substantially in the
> coming year.  The database sees moderate heavy read and moderate write
usage
> from 50 users.
>
> We're upgrading our sever from Red Hat 7.3 to SuSE Linux Enterprise 9.0
soon
> and have considered migrating to InnoDB as part of our upgrade.    I
like
> the performance increases I've seen documented here
> http://www.innodb.com/bench.php, though I'm not sure our environment
calls
> for InnoDB.   Thoughts?

James Nobis
Web Developer
Academic Superstore
223 W. Anderson Ln. Suite A110, Austin, TX 78752
Voice: (512) 450-1199 x453 Fax: (512) 450-0263
http://www.academicsuperstore.com