Hi!

To resolve a problem in the MySQL parser I decided to change the
syntax of SELECT ... FROM ... WHERE ... IN SHARE MODE so that
an additional word LOCK is added before IN SHARE MODE.
The change will be effective in 3.23.38.

An example:

SELECT * FROM T WHERE A = 5 LOCK IN SHARE MODE;

The benefit of the additional word LOCK is also that it better
conveys the meaning of the clause: the SELECT will lock in share
mode those rows it encounters in calculation of the result set.

The clause ...FOR UPDATE stays as it was before, since it is copied from
the syntax of Oracle.

This change is relevant to users of InnoDB. MyISAM ignores the
SHARE MODE clause.

I apologize the extra work this causes to you, but I assume not too many
users are yet using the SHARE MODE clause.

Regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy