Hi!

> I'm not sure you understand the issue. I have the root in linux
> but not in mysql! All I want is to install mysql on my linux suse
> 9.0. Of course, I have the root access one the server! As
> discussed below, I can not add any password on my sql.
> All I want is to know how to do it ! I've followed the tutorial
> of the installation and reinstalled it 3 times at least. However,
> I can never enter mysql and to the things requested mainly because
> there is a security issue.

hmm... when you've just installed mysql, it has only
root user with no password from localhost with all privilegies
and any user (for example, yannick) from localhost with no
privilegies (only test database).

so just login (after install) in mysql using root account
with no password - can't you?

--
wbr, sergey v. spivak
mysql #spivak.kiev.ua