Dude, that's more than 5 years old.

On Jun 26, 2005, at 8:27 PM, Scott Gifford wrote:

Brian Dunning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

You have to purchase a database. ZIP codes are not geographic, you
can't calculate lat/lon from them. Here is one source:
http://www.zipwise.com

As I said below, you can download a free database from the US Census
Bureau.  Specifically, the data here:

    http://www.census.gov/tiger/tms/gazetteer/zcta5.txt

contains ZIP codes and lat/lon information.  I've not used that data,
but I've used this file from 1999 with good results:

    http://www.census.gov/geo/www/tiger/zip1999.html

Apparently that will no longer be updated, though, so the ZCTA data is
probably better.

----ScottG.

[...]