Thanks.  This info. is very useful to me.

I don't know if it is possible under Mac OS. But I assume it is,
consider it is basically a UNIX.

I just want to trigger a shell script, say, a perl script.
Could a shell script be called from a C program?
It looks like I will need to go through a lot of stuff to do this.

ted