Hi,

Are you using MySQL-4.1 ? (ON DUPLICATE KEY syntax has been introduced in 4.1)

Regards,
  Jocelyn

Siegfried Heintze wrote:
Thanks for deciphering that terrible message, Shawn. I accidentally must
have hit the paste key too many times.

Anyway, here is my new insert statement:

INSERT INTO jobtitlecount (fkJobPosting, dtSnapShot, cJobTitle) VALUES
(211584,'2005-06-26',2) ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE cJobTitle=2

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check
the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
syntax to use near 'ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE cJobTitle=2' at line 1 at
./crawl-hot-jobs.pl line 675.

I'm looking at the documentation on
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/insert.html and I don't see what I am
doing wrong.