Hello B.,

>>I set up a couple of databases last night in mysql and every thing is
>>working just fine. Today when I try to access the data it is not there
>>Using phpMyAdmin when I look at the databases that are completely empty
>>of tables and data that also includes the mysql database. If I start up
>>telnet and
>>go into mysql it shows
>>that all of the tables and data are their including the mysql data.
>>This seems realy strange to me. Could you tell me what I need to do
>>to correct this problem or at lest looking in the right direction.

B.> Perhaps a problem with rights.. (settings in phpmyadmin not being saved?)..
B.> Not using phpmyadmin myself.. did read about it.

None of the programs on the web can access the mysql not just
phpmyadmin. It was working fine before yesterday and now it just wont
work. is there anything that I should check on the server or would it be
best to uninstall mysql and reinstall it.