On 7/14/05, Joerg Bruehe wrote:
> Rick Robinson wrote:
>
> However, the online manual is not cloned, so while we are building 5.0.9
> there can also be new text for 5.0.10 changes that gets integrated into
> the online manual, and this may become visible earlier than 5.0.9 gets
> published.

Why are the online manuals not cloned and versioned?

One of the things I like about the documentation of most other
databases compared to MySQL is that it is tightly coupled to a
specific version of the software. Instead of searching through the
documentation and having to find out which part is valid for which
version on each page again, I can at the first step select the version
of the database I am using and after that I only get information about
that version.

Jochem