Hello,

Today, I started experiencing some issues on our website with max
connections exceeded errors.  In looking into this, I found that we had too
many sleeping processes.  I was not even able to login to the mysql server
from a command line.  Is there a way to set a timeout for sleeping
processes?

This is a small example of what I am seeing when I run a 'show processlist'
query:

+------+------+-----------+-------+---------+------+-------+----------------
--+
| Id   | User | Host      | db    | Command | Time | State | Info

--+
|  584 | root | localhost | blogs | Sleep   |  915 |       | NULL
|
|  595 | root | localhost | blogs | Sleep   |  900 |       | NULL

--+

---
Thank You
Jason Williard