The current documentation states :

Log some extra information to the log files (update log, binary update log, and slow queries log, whatever log has been activated). For example, username and timestamp are logged for queries. Before MySQL 4.1, if you are using --log-slow-queries and --log-long-format, queries that are not using indexes also are logged to the slow query log. --log-long-format is deprecated as of MySQL version 4.1, when --log-short-format was introduced. (Long log format is the default setting since version 4.1.) Also note that starting with MySQL 4.1, the --log-queries-not-using-indexes option is available for the purpose of logging queries that do not use indexes to the slow query log.

I'm using 4.1.13, however, I don't see username or host information for binary logs, just slow query logs. Am I missing something?

Jerry Bonner
Systems Engineer
CP Telecom

[EMAIL PROTECTED]