On Sat, 05 May 2001 16:27:05 +0530
chintanp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello Everybody,
>
> I want to implement disk quota's for various MySQL databases.
>
> I checked out various books,but did not find the answere.
>
> Can you please help me in achieving my goal ?

Some more serious this time :)

If you really in need for quota, i'm afraid you'll just have to run multiple instances
of mysqld under different user accounts (mysql1, mysql2.. mysqlN), and limit the disk
quota for the user account that this mysqld uses.
You thus end up in a situation where you'd need a seperate mysqld for each database
you want to protect.

If your goal is to restrict users in the amount of disk space they use, i'd suggest
you give them a telnet/ssh account and let them istall & run their own mysql service.

You also could set up a seperate partition, and link the database files to this
partition.

I think databases just weren't designed to restrict putting data in it...

gl

rene