Hello.

You've already got a good answer:

  http://lists.mysql.com/mysql/187794

Subscribe to mysql list or use web interface. Why are you mixing latin1

with utf8 in the same column? You can check if something is wrong with your

connection variables using the following statement:

  show variables like '%char%';

Use mysql command line client or mysql-query-browser (or other client

software which correctly handles UTF8 data) to check if import of your

data was performed successfully. In such a way you can localize the

problem, and find whether it is related to Tomcat or wrong data in

MySQL.

       <___/   www.mysql.com