Hi Shawn

> The short answer is "Yes". Do you want a list of companies from the
> "Fortune 100" or are you interested in a particular business area?  There
> are some huge names (http://www.mysql.com/customers/) that use MySQL for
> critical, public-facing, and infrastructure applications. Many of them use
> PHP as their front-end.
>
> Did you have a specific question or were you just curious of the viability
> of PHP+MySQL as an application platform?

I'm not the curious type at all. At least not the type you mention here.
;-)

I was reading about transactions in the PHP5 manual and since they stated
that the mysqli_xx functions were experimental, I wondered if they were
reliable enough to use them in a production environment. Data integrity rely
at least a bit on transactions so that's my concern. It's always too late
when you find that your data have been corrupted in any way.

Thanks